Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 87 ~ DIY Placemat


DIY Sunday
Chalkboard Placemat


These were probably the easiest DIY I've done so far. I pretty much had everything on hand, except for the placemats. Which I went to Walmart and grabbed for a $1 each! Plus who doesn't love an easy chalkboard DIY?! I'm all about the chalkboard paint. So many ideas you can find to make things with it. 


Materials Needed ~
Chalkboard Paint, Spray is the easiest for this
Placemat
Chalk







Set your placemats out on a protected surface. 




The spray away! Make sure to read the spray can on the directions. I waited 20 minutes for this coat to dry, then 24 hours before I could start using chalk on it. 




Done with the spray chalk and ready to go!



Make sure to rub white chalk over the entire surface and wipe clean, before you use it. 




Voila! Your placemat is ready to use. Keeps the kinds entertained and a great way to place seating!!
Don't forget to set the chalk out! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment