Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 23




Hilltop Acres Continues 

This entry feels a bit bitter sweet since it's my last entry on my days spent at my parents preparing, but it also means the Trunk Show is upon us and drum roll.......the furniture is complete, all 75 pieces per my dad's last hundredth count..

I woke up to two little squirrely boys jumping on my bed begging to go to grandma's to shoot their BB gun, fish, ride bike, 4-wheeler rides, etc...for the love of god just 10 more minutes.  I reach for my cell anticipating decent weather, I admit a bit out of it, but I believe it said 33..  One thing you must know is, I don't paint furniture unless it's above 55 due to bubbling and I don't do well in cold temperatures, I had two elements against me.  To say the least karma was not in my favor..what could go wrong did and what could go right didn't. At one point my mom asked me if I liked my scream..umm I guess I've never pondered that but will think about it.  In the end it all came together and the karma was gone and I think we all just felt relief that the day came to a end with the furniture completed..  Enjoy the pictures!!

All three boys rode out with their dad, so I was solo and opted for the scenic back route
As I wait for the temp to rise I worked on more Enchanted Forest Headbands for a photo shoot with Studio B Monday..


We have quite the collection of tables which is crazy because they are the most complex pieces to upcycle..  Since the table top receives a lot of ware we take the extra steps for ware-longevity 
Hours later it's finally complete in a soft distressed gray.  
I don't have a before picture on this table but I love love the color result and I'm pretty sure my dad worked and reworked the table top for the last 3 weeks to make sure it was perfect..
Quick homemade salsa snack and I'm back to work..
This trunk isn't an ordinary trunk is super sized, if I were to guess it was an old tool chest..  What I  love about this piece is the versatility..coffee table, end of the bed chest to store linens, table for kids to play on, the options are endless.
This is another piece that my dad spent 3 weeks working on.. Once again, he originally said it should go to the fire pit and then after just ripping the original cabinet door off and replacing it with this clever shutter and added the chicken wire as the finishing touch..  It was then given to me and  I applied a soft mint/celery green and a light dusting of distress..  You may ask yourself why this piece is sitting in my mothers house because I asked her the same question..  Of course taken a back from my comment, she replies with, she is just storing it conveniently in her kitchen until the show..  


There are so many pieces to show but I have to leave some surprises.. Remember, Sunday, October 7th..we went out of our way to make this a special event so please come and bring the family or make it a girlfriend day..  12:00pm-4:00pm.

One things is for sure, and that is I'm bound to lose lb's not going out to my parent's every weekend..  We ended our day with squash, wild rice, cheese biscuits and stuffed pork chops and gravy, always gravy.





No comments:

Post a Comment